A BLOG ABOUT WRITING FROM CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE AUTHOR SARAH GRIMM
Join Sarah and her guests for conversations on everything from the art of writing to where we find our inspiration.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Down the Drain

I heard on the radio last Friday that this past weekend is the weekend when most New Year's Resolutions go down the drain. Mine died a quick and merciless death on January 2. Why? Deadlines. When I am under a tight deadline, everything else goes out the window. I realized on Saturday that I had been wearing the same clothes (yes, even to bed) for the last four days. (I'm not proud, I'm confessing.)

So why do I do this to myself? I make these plans to lose weight, get up every morning and make sure I have on mascara (whether I leave the house or not). And  bra? Fuggetabutit! On the flip side, why do I wait so long in getting my butt in a chair and pounding out the story that was so vibrant in my head just a few short months ago?
It 's not that I don't want to lose weight, get in shape, start Weight Watchers, clean through the house, start getting ready for a springtime garage sale, and get organized. (Sucks in a deep breath). I do. I even promised myself that I would do more for myself--monthly pedicures and manicures. And so far nada, except 60K on the current WIP.

But to those of you out there, there's still time. Each day is a day to start over. Each week, we can begin again. And to any of you out there working on a deadline, there's always February!
So tell me? Where are those New Year's resolutions? Safe and sound or Down the Drain?

No comments:

Post a Comment